Saturday, February 09, 2008

Local Celebrity [insert cigarette here]


I've been working a lot. A Lot. It's sometimes quite a chore managing some of my partially retarded coworkers. I'm Beat. Right Now I'm watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on DVD with my brother, who's in for the weekend from college. Danielle and I are planning a major roadtrip over Spring Break, celebrating my 26th birthday. We're planning a trip to Austin to catch some of the South by Southwest Music Festival and see friends, then on down to H-Town to see FERGIE! at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The Dutchess. Hell yeah! Those tickets are incredibly hard to get. I'm SO fucking excited, I could laugh and cry at once.
[insert cigarette here]
Well, it's almost Valentine's Day and that happens to be the biggest day of the year at work. People love to buy cookie cakes and give them to their sweethearts. We even did a local commercial for the NBC/FOX station here, starring myself and Alex. It's pretty good, for a local commercial, not too cheesy.
[inhale]
I've seen a few old friends from high school in the past few months and it's been good all the way around. A particularly close friend from those days, Junko (she's half-Japanese,) came home for a month from Germany where she's living with her husband who is stationed there in the Air Force. They have a child with a brain deformity--encephaly. She came to the states for treatments for his seizures. I hadn't seen Junko in years and years, after we'd had a bit of a falling out after gradating high school. It was nice to see her again, but my heart breaks for her and her son. He will only live to be about age five. It's hard for me to swallow that someone once so close to me is having to deal with such sorrow, and so young. I suppose I've seen sorrow, but of a totally different, selfish kind. She seemed so serene about the whole ordeal. I could see the pain in her eyes but it was me seeing a woman there instead of a girl for the first time. I wish I could see myself like that.
[insert cigarette here]
After seeing another old friend, I found out that not one but two more of my friends are pregnant now, Malee with her first and Misty with her second...and Jennifer herself just had twins! All at 26 years old! I'm looking around and seeing most of my classmates and peers getting married and having children and starting families. It's gonna be a while until I'll be married, and I can't even think about having kids right now! Is there something wrong with me? Or am I just slow? A late bloomer, if you will?
[exhale]
Thank God myself and my closest friends are still single.

2 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Well, can't say for THERE, but HERE most woman with jobs and husbands aren't getting pregnant till they're 30.

Blush said...

its a different world here in the the woods of deep east texas...
i gotta get outta here!

much love.