Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Nascar Sunday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday I attended my first Nascar race. It was a spectacle of American Engineering. The Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. I can't even tell you how awesome it was. We had pit passes and we got to see into the garage and all the pit stalls. We saw two of the more popular drivers, Denny Hamlin and Kasey Kahne. I even got to touch Jeff Gordon's tires. His fucking tires, man! Super sweet. We were in the infield, which is inside the track, and sat inside Turn One to watch the race, if you can call it that. Those cars go so fast it's hard to even focus your eyes on them. Apparently they broke all the track records for speed yesterday. I think they topped out at 205mph. I have so much more respect for every driver out there on the field. That's scary shit. And it's so loud. Even better than a rock concert. It was unbelievable. When they started the race I almost pissed myself. Haha!
Here are some more pictures. We didn't get any of the race because the camera battery went out during the rain delay. But I'll never forget how it felt--in fact I'll remember every Sunday.














Touching Jeff Gordon's Tires














Jimmie Johnson's Car Under Inspection

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Rain Delay

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank You Austin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great name for a novel:

"Touching Jeff Gordon's Tires"

-Wombat