Thursday, August 13, 2009

But There's a First Time For Everything















I was gonna quit my job today. I was determined. That's the last time that asshole talks to me like that, I swore. I went to work today ready to walk out at a moment's notice if I had to. Corporate dropped my health insurance and gave me one day's notice. Minimum wage went up to $7.25. I made almost a dollar over before, now only 25 cents. They refuse to raise me. I have two other jobs, at Bath & Body Works and American Eagle Outfitters, where I make $7.25, and my bosses there don't talk down to me. Hell, they don't even make me mad! And I can't fucking stand my boss at the Cookie Company. I was hellbent, he wasn't gonna screw me around ANYMORE.

And then I got to work.

No mention of the blow-up the other day, none at all. I won't go so far as to say he kissed my ass; but he was definately inordinately nice. So I decided not to walk out. But should I give my two weeks?? I hate working there with him and I do have two other jobs. Can my other jobs sustain me? I don't work very much there. I need to make sure they can give me more hours to make up for this job!

They didn't know.
So then I didn't know.
And instead of acting...
I
Did
Nothing.

I feel like such a pussy. I've said this and I've said that and I STILL work for this asshole. At least the wheels are in motion for change, though. I've given 2 years of my life to that place. It's hard to leave it. I'm scared. I've never quit a job before.

But there's a first time for everything.

2 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

*there were typos in my first post, so I just deleted it rather than have people thing I couldn't spell!

Chick, if you're not happy you should quit. No one should work for an asshole if they don't have to.

Get more hours at bath and body works and then I can use you as my method for accessing the yummy products - we don't have it here and I keep reading reviews of all those American Grown hand/body washes and I want to try them but I can't!

On a way less selfish note though - no point in putting yourself through shit if you don't have to. You deserve to be treated better than that xx