Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You Belong On The Radio














So. Valentine's Day. Yeah. The only thing that sucks about being single on Valentine's Day is the lack of flowers. It's the only reason to get flowers all year long. I mean shit. I love flowers. So instead of flowers and candy I got my period. Ah, the irony. I guess it's a good thing that I am single, eh? So I went to my favorite shoe shop and found the greatest metallic pink indie-chic moccassin-style slippers for five dollars and I bought them for myself for Valentine's Day.

Shine on.

So. Hormones. Yeah. I woke up yesterday feeling instantly better. How fucked up is that?? How do they expect us to live like this? It's not the end of the world, but it sure does seem like it until you realize, oh. It's me. And it's so weird because even though you know that you are going to have PMS, and that you can't stop it, it's so deeply embedded in you, so chemical, that you suffer more than a few days of mental and emotional fucking anguish before it hits you that it's just hormones. Once you realize that it's such a relief and so much easier to fight the crazy. Am I right ladies? They should give us the week off or something...


Simon Cowell is the shiz. Count on him to keep it real. He's a welcome addition to pop culture in my estimation...I still can't believe I watched that whole damn show last night.

Julianne Moore is on Regis and Kelly this morning. Reason enough to quit my day job. Jerome Bettis was on after Ms. Moore. Reason enough to have someone to wake up with. I don't think that made sense to anyone but me.

Happy Birthday to my homeboy Conor Oberst. One day too late for love.

Jam for the Day: Happy Birthday to Me by Bright Eyes

3 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Ok, I have no idea what you're talking about. But I think that's probably good. I really do get the feeling that I shouldn't.

Sounds pretty good though, whatever it is. I think.

Jaromir Blagr said...

Someone told me once that there should be no more men. I said that would be fine, except then who would be president?

Beth said...

Aren't $5 shoes the best thing ever?

They can make everything better just for a little while! You should post a pic..I wanna see!