Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Grade

How am I going to do this? I don't know. I'll figure it out. God this year is going to suck. I'll be spending my 25th birthday in rehab. How did things get this way? Today I was dusting the house and found an old book my first grade teacher made me of stories I wrote back then, illustrated and all. I was pretty ambitious for a 6 year old; the spelling is the best thing I've seen in a long time. However, I found one particular story to be quite depressing--a story that's run through my mind more than once in the past few years. I was surprised to see it still existed, and I guess proves the wisdom of a child, even if they have no idea what they mean at the time.

"I hate drugs! No way! Drugs make you go outofcontrol! Drugs destroy your hart. And they make your brain go outofcontrol! People use drugs becoes they thank it's good for you. But it isin't very good for you. If you take drugs you are making a big mustake. Cigarettes are disgusting! Wisky is disgusting, too! So Say No to Drugs!!!"

Is it okay if I cry a little now??

4 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Unfortunately you were only writing down what people were telling you, thinking what they wanted you to think. So don't be so hard on yourself over this story. You have plenty of opportunities to be hard on yourself elsewhere.

Blush said...

did you check out the hat that the drug dealer is wearing?? lol

Unknown said...

I think this is alot more than mere influence from the adults and your environment at the time. I seriously believe that deep within your sub-conscious, your brain knew what battles lay in the future. Some people would use the word 'God' in that last sentence rather than 'brain', but either way the result is the same.

You were obviously interested in the reasons why people used drugs. Most six year olds are more concerned with whether or not mom got Berry Cap'N Crunch as opposed to regular...

You have amazing strength.

Blush said...

thank you sweetheart. i love you.