Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something To Look Forward To













I smelled springtime in the air for the first time today. Pollen, rebirth, and regeneration soon to follow. Rehabilitation. Sigh, I've done this all before. It's eerie, actually. Last time this happened it was February. I'm looking at the calendar and it looks like it's about that time once again. When this happened previously, Bright Eyes had just come out with two new albums. Again, their newest one is due out this April, with an EP out in just a few days. Hopefully this will inspire some kind of creativity in me. At some point this year I've got to create not one but two paintings that I'd been commissioned to do before life blew up in my face. This is of supreme importance. I haven't painted or drawn or put anything down visually in so many years I fear that I've lost whatever talent I had that produced my previous works of art. I'd decided back in jail to give up visual art for the written word because, let's face it, I'm no Picasso. At some point in life you've got to realize what your strong points are, real or imagined, and go with the real. But for some reason an awesome lady back in Austin wants me to paint for her. I'm super nervous about the endeavor--I'm no professional. Never had a serious art class, don't really know how to paint. I guess now's as good a time as any to learn, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tumultuous times have an effect on creativity (I am not saying always in a positive way) that often astounds the creator themselves the most.