Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Sky's Not the Limit and You're Never Gonna Guess What Is













I have only one computer speaker. I have only one computer speaker because I am poor and had none at all, until I found ONE computer speaker on sale for $1 at Goodwill down the street, which happens to be my most favorite store. It rocks. Right now I am listening to The Strokes (I'm addicted to Julian Casablancas' voice and electric guitar) and it's awesome even though I can't hear all the bass and guitar because of the way the album was produced. But the speaker I DO have is the one that plays Julian's voice the loudest. Fuckin' aye. Just another reason to smile today.

I feel it's been a lifetime since I loved Him. I wonder if I will remember how we felt? I fear I cannot, but I must. For He will be the antihero of my first novel, Funeral Song. And I will be the heroine.

At work they posted everyone's "fix" ratios by our 'teams' and on my team I fell in at 9th of 23. My fix ratio was 58.7% and I think the highest on my team was like 65 or so. I don't know if that's all that good but I'm proud because that job was scary for me at first, I was very rusty on my tech shit and now I'm kicking ass and taking names, like today. And I think that being able to fix over half of my calls ain't half bad. And we only get 20 minutes to do it. Whoop!

Speaking of work, I have a bit of a crush that I have been denying on one of the Level 2's. Let's call him l2johnm for the purposes of this blog. He trained me. He had hung out with my old roomate before, and we had good rapport from the start. Then, last week, he invited me to the "cool kids" chat room. You see we use AIM for interoffice communications and to help each other troubleshoot while we are on the phone with customers. This is the type of job where you literally sit in front of a computer all day. Anyway, if you have ever been a tech or been down with internet chat, you realize that IS A BIG DEAL. Because let me tell you most everyone that works there is NOT cool. Just take my word for it. And they realized I am one of the COOL KIDS. I have a knack for hanging out with the cool kids I guess. l2johnm is the only person that I really even consider normal. And he's cute. But he's small. Not as small as me, but not much bigger. But he seems SO COOL, and right off the bat too. He talks to me like he knows I'm down, we've just never taken it further than good acquaintances. Then today I complained to him about the weirdo next to me that was hitting on me through AIM at WORK. How lame. L2johnm says it's because they shouldn't let pretty girls work there, that the nerds can't handle it. Did he call me pretty?? I don't know. He's crossing my mind more and more. He sits across from me and catty-corner and sometimes I can see him. I think I just have raging hormones. I feel like a teenaged boy minus the zits.

Oh and last night Jesse's cousin (Justin) who also works for Freebirds (at another location) picked up a shift for one of the kitchen guys at my store and I kinda know him so I stopped and told him to tell Jesse I said what's up and that he should give me a call sometime. Justin was more enthusiastic than I've ever seen him (he's kinda goth or something similar) and told me we should all hang out one night and drink beer or something. He had a funny smile on his face. If there's anyone Jesse would tell, it's Justin. I have no idea what all that meant. We will see. Please excuse my faux-naif.
Just this once...

I spoke Spanish to the cutest little Mexican girl on the bus today. I have a soft spot in my heart for los niƱos because I came about thisclose to having one of my own. And this particular chica just adored me. I would smile at her and wrinkle my nose. Then I blew bubbles with my chewing gum to make her laugh. I just wanted to hold her in my lap and hug her. But I couldn't. Maybe one day.

My speakER does the same thing to Nirvana so I can really hear Kurt's voice. Fucking Awesome. I love Goodwill.

Check out the blush reality myspace link and keep it real bitches!

Jam for the Day: Lucky Trumble by Nancy Wilson (Almost Famous soundtrack)

7 comments:

rawbean said...

I just came by to tell you that I read your "thats the ugliest fucking profile picture on the internet" comment on dirk or whatever's blog and thought it was hilarious. I laughed out loud! Cause it's so true!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he wants you. Anytime a boy calls you cute or pretty without you saying it first, it means he wants you.

In your opinion, who are the three best singers?

Blush said...

thanks for the advice dean. i dont know if that is your real name, but it rocks. reminds me of dean moriarty...

umm, thats a tough question. i tend to like singers that arent technically the best, like courtney love and conor oberst or even james hetfield. but if i were going to name who i thought were the three best SINGERS, id have to say:

3. Trent Reznor
2. Julian Casablancas
1. Robert Plant

as far as men go. women:

3. Gwen Stefani
2. Fiona Apple
1. Sheryl Crow

and if you wanna go country, its all about George Strait.

but that's just my taste. what do you think??
2.

Anonymous said...

It's not my real name, just a clever pseudonym I've been using for a while now. And by clever I mean I stole it from the real life name of wrestler Dean Malenko. Some have taken to calling me Dino like the Martin but I think that died out. Sucks 'cause I liked it.

Ooo, Dean Moriarty? That may be even better than Dean Martin. Too bad you didn't say Professor Moriarty. He trumps all. Maybe his first name was Dean as well.

Conor Obert said it best. "I could have been a famous singer if I had someone else's voice. But failure's always sounded better. Let's fuck it up, boys. Make some noise."

I like singers that sound different.

3. Sean Nelson
2. Matty Pop Chart
1. Tom Waits

As for Women, the best female vocalists are punk rockers.

3. Melanie Creagor
2. Cinder Block
1. Brodie Armstrong

N said...

There'll never be another like Nina Simone >:(

Blush, don't you find that the "raging hormones" crush feels wonderful? Yes, he called you pretty.

BrianAlt said...

It's a good bet he likes you, or is interested at least. And, yes, he called you pretty.

Blush said...

im not sure who you work for, but also lots of times we literally cant fix them at the help desk because its a centurytel line problem, etc. field techs have to be sent out. and with the ppl we get calling in sometimes it takes at least 7 or 8 minutes to just figure out their username because theyre retards. then there's the powercycling and the slow old people. thats usually the only reason i have to transfer to a higher level tech.
and 20 minutes can go faster than you think. just communicating is difficult sometimes. its like speaking 2 different languages