Saturday, April 01, 2006

Green Flowers and Other Observations

I am pleasantly surprised by the results of the previous poll: A Good Question. It was close, but "If I can help a deserving couple start a family, I'm all about it" came out with the highest percentage of votes. This is definately something that I would love to do. (See last post: I've Made A Decision.) And I'm sure I will do it eventually, I just need to look into it, and figure out what all it entails and then we'll see what's up. I'll keep you updated.
Results for A Good Question:
http://basicpoll.com/result/17386/

Today in the grocery store, I saw some things worth noting. There was a guy walking around in a huge costume of a paper grocery bag with food coming out of the top. All he did was walk around and look cool. I guess he was the grocery store mascot. How do you get a job like that? Fun!
Then I saw an old man break it down to Can't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson while picking out a gallon of milk. It was almost hilarious.
Every time I go to the grocery store, I can't help but go and smell all of the flowers in the florist section. I LOVE flowers. But today I saw purple, and even green, roses.
Awesome.
You never know what you're gonna run into at the fucking grocery store, I swear.

Last night at Freebirds was crazy. I didn't get out of there until 2am. We were busy with all kinds of people that had been at the antique car show down the street. The Texas State School for the Deaf is right down the street, and I believe they have dorms there, because we get lots of deaf customers at Freebirds. You would think, with the way the restaurant is set-up, that it would be very difficult to communicate what they want on their burrito. Absolutely not. Deaf customers are some of my favorites, and it makes me want to learn at least some basic sign language, just to help, and to make them feel a bit more comfortable. But I began to wonder, when serving a deaf customer, is it rude to just point at the food on the line and not actually talk to them? Or would it be more rude to try and speak to them while you point, because you're obviously going to have to point.

If you were deaf, would you be more offended if someone just pointed at shit like you're some kind of animal? Don't you think that could make someone feel shitty, like they are not as good as everyone else? OR, would you be more offended if someone DID speak to you as well as point? If you were deaf (or had any disability for that matter) wouldn't you want to be treated just like everyone else?? Or could they think you are mocking them?? If anyone has any ideas on this, please advise. I would really hate to make someone feel less than, and if there's anything I can do to stop that from happening, I will. I think everyone should be treated equally.

Also at work last night, I had a bipolar moment. I haven't gone into this at all because its complicated bullshit, but my money situation has sucked ass for the past 3 weeks, due to circumstances within my control, I admit that, but there have been many unlucky coincidences that were NOT my fault. Hence the karma post last week. Either way, I was on the verge of tears on my way to work last night, and I was really afraid I would have a bad night and end up having to cry during my break. Well when I got there, we were SLAMMED for like 3 hours straight, which is really unprecedented for a night shift. I mean, we ran out of food (rice, beans, guacamole) more than once. It was a wild night. Everything that could go wrong did. We had a lot of good people in last night though. And like, as soon as I started hustling and making burritos, I was in the best fucking mood. I was talkin' to the customers, bullshittin' with 'em, laughin' and jokin' around... Sometimes I would even give peeps free shit just because they made me laugh. And my coworkers. I couldnt ask for more from them. I fucking love working there. After I got home, I thought about how fucking drastic my mood swing was. It's rarely that pronounced. The only thing I can figure is that that's just bipolar for ya!

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm bipolar. As if you couldn't tell...

Jam for the Day: I Come From The Water by The Toadies

8 comments:

Nervous said...

I felt like that when working busy customer service jobs. I'd be in a shitty mood and the last thing I wanted when I got there was an endless line of customers, but it would somehow end up making me feel better. (Unless of course the customers AND coworkers were being shitty - that was known to happen, too.)

Lovely Lisa said...

Hey Blush! I haven't been around for awhile, but its nice to come back and find out what's going on in your life!!

You're right!!! You never know what you will see at the grocery store...or who you will run into, as well.

Jaromir Blagr said...

Rubberneck is a great great album.

BrianAlt said...

I just think it's awesome that you said, "please advise," istead of the incorrect, "please adviCe." That always kills me.

As long as they feel like you are trying to communicate with them, and treating them otherwise normally, they shouldn't have a problem with you. Of course that's barring they're having a super shitty day and just want to take it out on you.

BrianAlt said...

Oh, and if you're going to donate your eggs, you should do it soon. I think they like to do it when you're younger.

Blush said...

thanks for the advice. i always do speak, i sort of cant help it, and yall are reassuring.

glad to see you again lisa.

i learnt that advise shit in jizzail. lol

and yeah the egg thing would have to be sooner than later.

toadies rule.

Blush said...

yes. they had green roses. yes, i suppose that's ironic

Blush said...

wait but thats not like blue khakis at all. have you ever seen a flower with green petals? name one. i may be wrong, but i cant think of any. but they had artifically colored these roses green, albeit light green. it was actually kinda cool, but definately interesting, at least to a simpleton like me.