Monday, July 31, 2006

Austin from Austin

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Something fucking amazing happened this weekend. It starts with an innocent message, takes me to Barton Springs for the first time, listens to music and dances with me on Sunday afternoon, and makes love to me while looking into my eyes. That something is still in my bed this morning. That something amazing is named Austin. And he's wonderful. And I can't believe it. It's too good to be true. I can't go into too many details right now; I'm on a schedule and I still need to get back in bed to "wake him up," but I had to tell the world about Him, so to speak. Or at least ya'll. Heh. But I don't wanna leave you so excruciatingly hanging like that so I will tell a bit about my new man. A friend of a friend I've been acquainted with for several months now, He (again) is only 21. Not your usual 21 year old though. We have too much in common, if you know what I mean. But we have so much more in common than that even, which I simply cannot believe. You don't find many people like us out there. Seriously. And you wouldn't think that would be a make-or-break factor but it really is. I need a guy that can hang with me. That could have hung with me, and has the potential to hang with me in the future.
Check it out: He loves country music. But listen. He likes other music too, Radiohead for example. But country is his favorite--he "grew up on it" and doesn't give a shit if his friends hate it and think he's a dork, he's gonna listen to it in the car anyway because he doesn't give a fuck and is proud to stand up for what he likes, regardless of public "opinion." Kinda like me and Courtney Love. I can get down with that. He's also a fan of Bright Eyes. Yes. I myself was raised on a mixture of music, much of this being the very same "Texas-style" country music, so I think it's totally cute. Mainly it reminds me of good times perhaps? It's not my first choice, but I can totally kick it country-style. He said there was this particular country and western dance hall that he'd always wanted to go to but never had anyone to go with because everyone else is so lame. I was immediately trying on my old cowboy boots--very expensive maroon leather Tony Lama's with bright pink butterfies I picked out when I was young. Seriously. They still fit and they still rule. That sounds like hella-fucking fun. I could probably drink and Two-Step with Him all night long... And that's just one tiny example of why I think I may be falling for this Austin. He's real. He's a dork. He's got glasses. He's brilliant. He's funny. He's a Taurus. He's gentle and He's beautiful, and He's seemed to come out of thin fucking air, just as I had given up. It's amazing. And he actually likes me. He told me so, but more importantly, he's showed me so.

Jam for the Day: Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

4 comments:

Nervous said...

I'm happy and excited for you! As long as you two make each other happy, don't worry about the age. Hey, at least he's old enough that you don't have to sneak him drinks, right? Thanks for filling us in, have fun with your boy... :P

Blush said...

i feel like a schoolgirl again. when he kisses my hand i feel all funny inside...
teehee

Otis said...

I'm happy for you.

Enjoy!

Blush said...

omg rev ive missed you so much!

so glad you came back to me

things are getting good...