Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Soldier Girl

This was in the yard next door to the Shambhala Center where I meditate.
I swear I love this fucking town.

We had a really interesting discussion tonight about fear. The book we are discussing spoke of establishing an intimacy with fear. The author stressed that we, as human beings, don't know anything. This is what we are fearful of. Within the unknown there is a groundlessness that deprives us of all security. Because we know nothing, this is inevitable. But you can conquer this fear if you embrace it and become intimate with it. Know your fears. Become vulnerable. Invite pain. Delight in suffering. You will only learn from it. You will only grow through it. The most courageous warrior is the one who wears his heart outside of his armour. Or in this case, hers.

I am so excited about this weekend I can't even allow myself to think of it because I may just burst with glee. Me, my bestest girlfriends, and a Rock and Roll band. In the "Big D" even. Sounds like a daydream I've had much more than once. We are with "the band." Almost like real life Band-Aids. Fucking aye. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.
Rock. Band-Aids

No comments: