Monday, March 20, 2006

Breaking The Girl

Another wild weekend. So I went down to the festival and saw all kinds of stuff. My Chemical Romance played a free show and you should have seen all the kiddies in their black clothes and their white faces and their painted red eyes. It was almost hilarious. I actually ran into Chris walking down the street. It was really nice to see an old friend, almost like I'd seen him yesterday. He told me that being sober looked pretty on me. One of the best compliments I've received. Anyway, we chatted until he had to go meet with some record company exec. So I walked down to the bar for Happy Hour and chatted up the cute bartender and proceded to get very drunk on $2 Cape Cods. We were making fun of all the bands that looked exactly like Jet. And they did. Anyway, once Happy Hour ended, I went back to find Chris, who was busy, so I hung out with his friends, and made friends with this girl who I suspect is his girlfriend. So much for shaving my legs! It never fucking fails. But that was cool with me. I had a really good time with all the peeps from College Station. But then I got sick. So I went out to look for some pizza but that shit is so overpriced downtown. So I just kept walking until I eventually found myself at Freebirds begging for some free food. Ha! It was really slow, so I'm just standing there all drunk staring at the menu trying to figure out what I'm going to eat, as I have a hard time shoving a burrito down my throat these days. So I'm standing there and a customer comes in, and it's this waiter from Olive Garden that made me laugh on my birthday while I was at work. Because everyone is my bestest, oldest friend when I am drunk, I turn and am all like, "WHAT'S UP?!?" He's just gotten off work. We start talking, and we eat together, and we end up going to his house and chilling for like 3 hours, just laughing and talking and smoking. It was awesome because there was no real flirting or anything, no sexual tension, it was just friendly. And we had so much fun. I mean, he watches Nascar for god's sake. It was like I'd known this guy my whole life. An old friend and a new friend in just one night.

So Saturday I get to work and Rob informs me that the rumors are true. Jesse has been promoted and is moving to another location. HUGE bummer. Perhaps he knew something I didn't know last weekend. I went outside to smoke and muse over this development when he comes out to talk to me. I told him that I had heard something that made me very sad. He told me we'd still see each other. Then he just looked at me and says the fucking cutest thing I've ever heard. He says "I'm feeling emotion!" and throws his arms around my neck. It's things like this that make me want to know this guy better. So by the end of the night we have made plans to go out in one week. We will see how that goes. This could mean several things, all of which I have speculated on, and none of which return a happy ending. After being away from him for a week though, and seeing him again, it was kinda hard to take. I wanted him to pull me aside and kiss and hold me again. Not that there's not plenty of hugging and touching and shit going on anyway, but now that I've had more, I need more.

Jam for the Day: Pretty Hate Machine (in it's entirety) by Nine Inch Nails

10 comments:

BrianAlt said...

I think you're normal.

I'll say again, keep your head up!

Nervous said...

I never knew whether I was supposed to be disturbed, confused or turned on by that "Breaking the girl" song... hmm. Well, either way, now it's in my head.
I love our 90's music references. :)

Blush said...

okay for real. thats why i used that to name this post. yeah, 90s music rocks. we are the shit.

Yossarian said...

im feeling emotion.
thats the gayest shit ive ever heard in my life
next girl i see im going to say obvious shit like, "im digesting breakfast"
sheesh

Blush said...

gay huh? how many girls are you sleeping with?

maybe thats why

digestion isnt so sexy

Yossarian said...

as i type this? 7

Blush said...

whoa, big pimpin

lol

CK420 said...

hey thanks for the link. you're on my blogroll now.

N said...

This Jesse thing - oh dear. I'd say to stay a conscientious objector, but that's hard to do when you've gotten a taste, isn't it?

Chin up!

Blush said...

oh im okay. yes consciencious objector. that is a good way to put it :)