Monday, March 27, 2006

I Hate to be Predictable, but I Don't Give a Shit
















So on Friday Danielle came into town and we went to see Nine Inch Nails. I hadn't been to a big arena rock concert in too long (Rolling Stones, 2003) and it did my soul good. There is just something about the majesty of rock and roll. The lights, the smoke, the smashing of guitars... (yes--he actually smashed the guitar.) It was like magic. Short set, but Reznor was right on. One of my managers is in the NIN fan club and was up front and ended up getting her arms around him during the concert when he went down into the crowd. She was all bruised up and so fucking elated over it. I was happy for her. The next night we hung around the house watching the news and just being generally lazy. We finally left the house to go get drinks at my favorite bar. Ego's is the most awesome dive bar ever. Whoever is playing determines the crowd that night, and it's been different every time I've been. It's like a study in sociology. Anyway there was this really good alt-country band that could really wail on their guitars. It is hard for me to have too bad a time to this kind of music for whatever reason. Then two couples got out on the tiny dance floor and started two-stepping, and they were really really good. The flashy kind of two-stepping that reminds me of my parents. With the music, and the atmosphere, I felt like I was an extra on a movie set. It was just so picturesque. Those are my favorite moments in life. Afterwards we went back to my house to hang out with my friend Aaron after he got off work. Aaron is from my hometown. He is in nearly about every story I could tell you about that place. Earlier that night, I had gotten a message from Joey. He was in town visiting his brother again. We made plans for him to come over and hang out with us. Danielle and he are close because they were roomates back in College Station (after Joey and I were broken up for good.) In fact, that's how I met her. Anyway, while we were all sitting in my living room laughing and watching late night television, I stepped back for a moment to examine the situation. I caught myself resting my arm on Joey's leg quite a bit. Not because I was flirting with him at all, but because it was just so comfortable. He is just as I remember him. I can't help but love him to death. He will make some woman a good man someday. But here I was, with 3 of my oldest and best friends. After going to hell and back. In starting my new life, I had accepted the fact that I would just have to give some things up. Number one on the list was a relationship of any kind with Joey. I just figured there was no way. It's nice to know that people still care about you, and some things never change. I never thought I'd have those comfortable moments with the friends you consider your family again. It had been too long, inside and outside of jail...I imagined friends had changed, like everything else in my life. I imagined wrong. Things come full circle. Life comes full circle.

I just got finished watching the movie Bring It On from start to finish. You know, the one with the cheerleaders. I have never been so entertained by the USA network. I laughed my ass off. I should have known it was gonna be great if Kirsten Dunst was in it. I just have this thing for great actresses in well-written movies. Highly recommended.

I'm a dork.

7 comments:

BrianAlt said...

How are you being predictable? Don't get it.

See, I told you things would fall into place. Things can and will get better.

Blush said...

im being predictable by not giving a shit...

and it really was a good movie

Anonymous said...

For some reason, your layout messes up in my browser and makes it annoying to read, otherwise I would do so more often. Just letting you know.

Big rock shows are great (I went to see the White Stripes a couple months ago. That was awesome.). Some bands make the spectacle of it so great that the music doesn't matter. See Britney Spears. See KISS. If your music sucks, I won't care so much as long as fire shoots out of your guitar and you spew blood all over the stage before smashing the guitar kit.

Breaking your instruments will never go out of style.

Bring It On is a great movie. Hilarious and fun to watch. And Eliza Dushku is hot.

That is all.

Nervous said...

Alright, I give up - what's going on in the picture? That certainly doesn't look like Trent Reznor, is this at the alt-country night at the bar?

Blush said...

theyre dancing! doesnt it look so perfect??

Nervous said...

I thought maybe they were your peeps or somethin. Derp, sometimes the obvious has to be stated to me!

K said...

I heart your life. It sounds like a lot of fun to be in your crew.