Saturday, December 10, 2005

Can ya dig it

Here's a glimpse of my last few days...

Hello, do you know what you'd like?
Would you like rice, beans, and cheese on that?
Someone will be right with you guys...
Monterrey Jack or Cheddar Mixed cheese?

Black, Refried, or Pinto beans?
Would you like chicken or steak or veggie?
Would you like any roasted vegetables?
Everything down here is free, sour cream and guacamole are each a little extra.
Would you like any Hot, Mild, or Barbeque sauce? We also have Habanero, lime juice, and Death sauce.
Does that look good?
Is this for here or to go?

Thanks so much. Have a great day!

I have been working my ass off lately. I hope my paycheck reflects it. Yesterday was the first day that my co-workers ever really got on my nerves. There is this one girl, Lily, that is always correcting me and telling me what to do. This girl is not my boss. She's not ranked any higher than me. My managers never correct me, because I bust ass. This girl is so uptight, and she is only 17. To be fair though, she supports her family, and she is just the cutest little Mexican girl you ever saw. I do not hate her, but I do hate her criticism. I recently found out that most everyone else shares this sentiment. So today she corrected me in front of a customer and I was just like, that's it. No more. I really hate confrontation, but what kind of a pussy would I have been not to say something...so I took her aside and told her to please not do that anymore, I would really appreciate it. She tried to protest but I held my ground, because I really was fucking pissed. I mean, shit like that makes us all look bad. Anyway, I was reassured that I played my cards right because Meagan had heard and came by right after and congratulated me for "putting Lily in her place." Hell yeah.

So tonight I am going out with S again, mainly because I left my pink suede jacket in his car. I am very tired and really don't want to go. But that's okay, I will let him buy my drinks tonight. Heheh. I need to unwind. Why is it I always like the guys who never call?

Jam for the Day: Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses

2 comments:

Nervous said...

Good for you. I hate confrontation too, but sometimes it does feel better to make a stand. Then there's the added benefit of the other workers knowing that you won't take shit from them, either! :)

mark robert allen said...

you def have to stand up for yourself and it is bad business to have employees correcting eachother infront of custimers!