Monday, December 19, 2005

Love Me Do

The other night I went to Whole Foods Market downtown to buy my father a Christmas present. Whole Foods is this Austin-based hippie grocery store that has actually been really successful. They sell all organic and all-natural foods. I knew right away I hated this place. There were no brand names. Everything looked generic. I prefer my food be wrapped in pretty colored paper, but that's just me. Anyway, I got what I was looking for and was browsing around in the hygiene section and I came across something I couldn't believe, and I don't come across things I can't believe very often. They actually sold 100% organic cotton reusable feminine pads. Reuseable! Like you use it, then you wash it, then you use it again. So I picked up the box and it read one use. This box was far too large for what was supposed to be in it. I could fit like 10 of mine into the box that held one glorified ...rag. I don't see how any woman in her right mind would ever use a product like this. Haven't we come far enough to splurge on ourselves? Just a little??

Why is it that every time I watch Oprah I must cry?? It's like my face leaks every weekday between 4-5 pm. Sheesh.

I'm becoming less defined as days go by
Fading away
And well you might say
I'm losing focus
Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself
Sometimes I think I can see right through myself...
Yes I am alone but then again I always was
As far back as I can tell
I think maybe it's because
Because you were never really real
To begin with
I just made you up to hurt myself

I need a man to make me feel like a woman.

Jam of the Day: Only You by Nine Inch Nails

2 comments:

unkind said...

I use organic pads to wash my car. They work great.

Yossarian said...

whats a nubian...i mean organic pad.