Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Interest Kills

Last night I went to my friend Ricky's show with his band The Interest Kills. They were really good, I was impressed. They sound a little like The Strokes. It was interesting because everyone there was a "hipster." So I was down with the scene last night. I have never been part of a scene before...

So I am flying into Houston on Christmas Eve. Gotta love holiday travel. Then I will be flying into Dallas to spend New Year's Eve with Danielle. I need that vacation. I wonder if I will have anyone to kiss at midnight. Maybe I will wear a dress...

After that everything gets hard. My mom is helping me out to get an apartment of my own and car finally but I have to find a new or second job and maintain all of that. I am not looking forward to joining the rat race. It will take some crafty budgeting and maneuvering, and I guess I can curb my enthusiasm for the finer things in life for the time being. But I will be stressed out!

Before I went to jail, life was in two-dimensions. It had a clear beginning and a clear ending. But now when I walk down the street, the world is three-dimensional. I see everything in technicolor, but I am no longer watching Blush "TV." I think I can really feel for the very first time. Everything else just seems like details.

I love blogging as a hobby because it takes about five minutes and involves mostly thinking. Ha! I am so lazy.

When someone reveals themself to you, believe them. - Maya Angelou

1 comment:

unkind said...

Shit, I liked things better when they were 2-D. Ever since I've had to make choices I've made the wrong ones.