Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Different Shade of Soul

Kinky Friedman is a Jewish writer/musician/cowboy from Texas running for the office of governor. He reached a mild level of national fame when he performed with his band, The Texas Jewboys, on Saturday Night Live in the 1970's. Since then he has written over 20 novels. Now he's calling for the "dewussification" of Texas. I looked into his platform and it sounds good to me. I like his ideas about how to improve education down here, which everyone knows we so desperately need. And for some reason right now I feel better about voting for an independent candidate than a political party. Then last night I saw the first round of political ads put out by the "Kinky: Why The Hell Not?" campaign. This guy kicks ass. Those are by far the best political ads ever. I am totally voting for him next year. I might even work on his campaign. Why the hell not?

Please check out the link!
http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=186

1 comment:

mark robert allen said...

that is awesome!

surely that would encourage people to vote!