Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Heart Beats In It's Cage

Man I am bored. When I used to be bored I would do drugs, or write, or paint...now all it seems I can do is sit around and wait for the time to pass. I hope it is just because of stress. Moving is the biggest hassle. I actually wish I was at work. I spent 45 minutes teaching grandpa how to double click his mouse today. It was frustrating, but I really like helping people. When someone can actually connect, they are so fuckin happy, it's really satisfying. I like it when the people learn something from me. I want to be a teacher when I grow up...
So I am upset because I've got nothing to say. I thought I would be able to come up with at least some brilliant shit while doing this blog-thing, but I don't know. I must confess, sometimes I don't even do my best. Sometimes I am just pissing on ya'lls legs. Sometimes it is more of a 'fuck you' to everyone out there who might think I suck. Because sometimes I don't care. There is nothing left to suck. When The Strokes go on tour it is so on. Might have to make a trip to San Antonio for that one. But I need a car. Mainly because I want to drive out to the country and see the wildflowers. You can smell them in the air on the back of a motorcycle in springtime. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever known, like a scene from my childhood.
I want to climb a tree.
I want to take a picture.
I want to write a sonnet.
I want to break out in dance.
When will it come to me?? It's only a matter of time. What did they used to say Inside?? Don't let the time do you...
Right.
My friend Ricky is going to teach me how to play guitar. That's right Tina, I already have a bass guitar. It is beautiful and red and has a sticker that says I *heart* Dorks on it. I just never found time in my busy rock'n'rollin schedule to actually learn to play it. Maybe I'll join a band. Maybe I'll start a band. Maybe I'll be famous. But is the world ready for Blush? Is Blush ready for the world? I doubt it.

Jam for the Day: Nothing To Say by The Strokes

2 comments:

Platinum Pussy said...

I learned how to play the violin cos I was bored last year. It was hard as f*ck. Needless to say, i no longer play.

Beth said...

I know exactly how you feel, I used to write when I was bored and then I got writers block. Now when I'm bored, I sleep.

Good for you learning to play bass though. I want to learn but I'm shallow and won't sacrifice my nails for the privilege..