Tuesday, January 03, 2006

With A Bang

So Danielle had a New Year's Eve party at her new flat in downtown Dallas. And when I say downtown, I mean downtown on Commerce Street, like right by the Adolphus Hotel (if any of ya'll know where that is.) Anyway it was pimp. The building was beautiful--art deco--and was the original Dallas Power & Light building back in the 1930's. Also within the building is a trendy restaurant and bar called Fuse. There is an upstairs bar on the second floor, which is the floor Danielle lives on. Her porch is walled in, but there are two rolling gates, and if you open the gates and walk out, you are in the club. Bam, just like that. It is a bachelorette pad if there ever was one. And perfect for a party on New Year's Eve. I must say that I have not had that much fun in a helluva long time. The party was fabulous. As co-hostess, I looked smashing in a low cut black and mesh dress and my highest heels, which I was regretting later while walking barefoot on the streets of downtown. When the party really got started, Danielle and I did our "Carrie and Samantha" (from Sex and the City) lap through the club outside. We were turning heads, I kid you not. We even got introduced to this "big shot" but he looked shady so we ducked out of that one and back to the house. But not without lifting party favors from the club for everyone at our party. They had all these promotional tee-shirts for different liquors like Absolut, and hats and horns and all that jazz. Danielle has this klepto streak and I followed suit, so when we got back to our party we were heroes with party favors for everyone. We kick ass.
The party was even cooler because we made "My Name Is" nametags for everyone with ironic, and in some cases, hilarious nicknames on them. I, of course, was Blush. (Danielle wanted mine to be "X.N. Mate." Get it? I said no fucking way.Heh.) It has been a lifelong dream of mine to go out into "the real world" as my alter ego, and while Danielle and I were in the club, guys were actually calling me Blush because that's what my nametag said. It was a dorky dream come true. Haha!
Since Danielle and I both like guys who live far away from us, we had decided that we were just going to kiss each other at midnight, but when it finally came around we were nowhere to be found, and both went without for the new year. I'm sure we'll make up for it by next new year's eve though...
After the big moment, the party of course started to die down, so all of us girls ran down to City Tavern where we impressed the hell out of these guys from Atlanta with our pool-playing and air-guitar prowess. We also have a friend who just had breast implants put in. Maybe that helped. One was so seduced that he caught back up with us at McDonald's down the street. Running. He just had to see us again and reiterate that we were the coolest chicks in Texas. We graciously agreed and sent him on his way. Sweet, but a little crazy.

The next day I woke up on the couch feeling alive again.

Dallas definately gets my seal of approval. Pics tomorrow (hopefully.)

Muchas gracias a mi chica Daniella para la fiesta prima del año nuevo y el bolso muy fabuloso. Te amo, mija.

...hey Blush, Joan Jett called; she wants her hair cut back...

8 comments:

Yossarian said...

splendid. if that post were beer, it would be Murphy's in a can. and murphy's in a can is liquid gold.

unkind said...

Yes, Murphy's is indeed urine.

Blush, I'm sorry you like me, but it can never work. First of all, you're right, I am far away.

Moreover, I'll just make you love me, and then I'll probably sleep with your friends or something. Which, of course, is fine with me.

So let's make some magic.

unkind said...

You're right. You're probably the only girl I've ever encountered wise enough to refuse to fall for it. And that was not at all sarcastic.

Blush said...

oh my, that sounded almost...kind
im a little freaked out...

unkind said...

See, that last line where I said I wasn't being sarcastic? That was being said with heavy sarcasm.

Blush said...

unkind you make me roll my eyes. you know you love me, you just dont know why.
btw, i dont know how you get laid.

jonn, maybe next time sweetie

unkind said...

Of course I love you. I love all of you...until I'm done.

Blush said...

or until I'M done...