Saturday, January 21, 2006

It's all happening

Man so much has been going on lately. I started my new job. It is excellent. Friday was my first day to take calls. I was setting up new dial-up connections for Alltel and Centurytel customers. You gotta figure that anybody who is hooking up a dial-up connection these days who needs to call tech support to do it are either retards, bumpkins, or grannies. I had a couple grannies, they were so sweet! I have always really enjoyed working on computers so needless to say I had a great time. I don't technically become a Level 1 until after the first, but I'm still getting paid regular wages these two weeks. So I trekked through Travis Heights today to check out an apartment I found in the guide that had free cable. It is just perfect. I'm putting the deposit down with my first paycheck. Then I will be moved in by the end of the month. I will have a lot of work to do between now and then. I fear I will be stressed out. We will see.

On Wednesday, I went into work feeling kinda perturbed. And I had to close too. (I still roll burritos by night. I like the people there too much.) I was talking with one of my coworkers about how weird it is when someone you know just randomly walks into the store. And about five minutes after said conversation, I look up to see one of my childhood friends, Rob. I hadn't seen this motherfucker in 6 years, as he went to school at Ole Miss. He was like, Blush, dude, what have you been doing?! And I was like, I've been in jail! When I said that I thought nobody was behind me, but alas, I was wrong. My coworkers heard me, and I had inadvertantly outed myself at work. Not that it's a big deal, but it's a story I tire of telling. Anyway I took a break and talked to Rob and apparently he lives two buildings down from me. Wow. Small world. So then I go back to work and tell the story and guess what, one of them went to high school with my ex. I have never been so embarrassed. But she really warmed up to me after that, it was weird and cool. And there is this guy, Jesse, that works in the kitchen, and we have this creepy flirtation going on. I don't necessarily find him attractive, but every time he talks to me I get the butterflies and can hardly talk to him. It's pretty fun. Anyway, I was feeling so crazy after all that happened, I just went up to him and hugged him, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It was really nice. I just needed a hug.

Then last night I went to this show across the street at my favorite bar Ego's. It was this chick band Echoset. They were actually really badass. Think The Donna's but rougher. And these girls could play. The lead singer reminded me of Chrissie Hynde with a little Alanis Morisette on the side. She looked like she was as hardcore as I used to be. And I admire that.
http://www.echoset.com/home.html

He would never talk
But he was not shy
She was a street-smart girl
But she could not lie
Oh they were perfect for each other
Say it now
Cause in your heart it's loud...

Jams for the Day: Razorblade by The Strokes and Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations

No comments: