Friday, November 25, 2005

I wanna write a love song















You know what sucks?? Losing your appetite over Thanksgiving. Yeah. And I have to do it again tomorrow in Houston. What's ironic is I will be hungry next week and won't have any food. Yeah.

So Danielle came and went. Sixth was dead for some reason so we just stayed up and talked all night. Then we shopped until we were at each other's throats the next two days...heheh. That tends to happen to girls...but we made up over Freebirds so it was all okay. Plus, we got some bomb-ass shit. After she left I was having trouble settling down, so I decided to check out the bar across the street, Ego's. It just so happens to be the most awesome hole-in-the-wall bar I've ever seen. Picturesque, even. Ideal. They have poetry slams on Wednesday nights for god's sake. It's a small crowd, mostly regulars, and I totally plan on becoming one of them.

I am home now for the first time since I moved to Austin. I was greeted at the door when I got home at midnight by my beloved cat, Dinah. Is it wrong that I've missed her more than anyone else in my family?? Well that's just the way it is. So today I found a tick on her and had to pull it out. It was thoroughly horrifying and I never, ever want to do it again. Dinah was very co-operative, as I had explained to her the situation (she is extremely smart and understands English) but it was way too hard to pull that little fucker out. I literally had to rip it out, fur and all. My poor baby! And then when I looked at it after I set it down on the toilet paper the sheer disgustingness of it's fat, leggy, insect body sent shivers down my spine and if I hadn't had to fix Dinah up with some hydrogen peroxide I would have run screaming out of the room, and probably the house. Since I didn't, I think that energy is trapped inside of me because I keep getting the heebie-jeebies now and then. But that might be because of what happens in the next paragraph...

My favorite day of every year is not Thanksgiving. It is in fact the day after. Today the Aggies played the Longhorns in the Lone Star Shoot-Out, the biggest rivalry in the state and one of the oldest in the country. The Aggies have not won in 5 years, and this hurts me. And if you have been following College Football, you know that this year is Texas's year. All the announcers could talk about pre-game was Mr. Fucking Heisman--Vince Young. Our star quarterback was hurt and could not play, so our starting qb was a true freshman, and had never started a game. And our defense is ranked dead last in the NCAA. Yeah. I didn't even want to see how bad they were going to beat us. But the fucking Aggies man, I swear. Those guys played a hell of a game today. At one point my hands were shaking and it was hard to catch my breath. It was one of those games that takes a couple years off of your life. Mr. Freshman Quarterback--Stephen McGee--had way better stats than Mr. Fucking Heisman and statistically, you would have thought that the Aggies whooped ass. Alas, no. That is sometimes how it goes. Although we lost, we played our fucking hearts out and probably fucked Mr. Heisman out of his big-time trophy. And look what happened to Ricky Williams after he didn't win his Heisman...eek. Maybe we didn't win today, but we did a damn good job, and that's fine by me. Either way, win or loss, I look forward to this day every year, and now that it's over (as is the Aggie football season, sadly) I guess I can start looking forward to next year. It's good to have something to look forward to.

And just to update everyone, the Nascar season is over and Jeff Gordon came in 11th place. That sounds shitty, but he still gets a million dollar bonus. Yeah. So start thinking of ways I can meet and seduce Jeff Gordon...

On Thanksgiving I went to College Station to my grandmother's house. It had been like 2 years since I had been there, and I didn't realize how much I missed everyone. I had a great time and drank great wine. So tomorrow I go to Houston to see my father's side of the family (and consequently my father) and I am a little nervous. When I left we were not on the best of terms, to say the least. I'm sure it will be fine, but family stresses me out. And that side of the family doesn't drink...

So I know I haven't written very much or very well lately. I am not sure whether to apologize or say you're welcome. Heh. I am just uninspired of late. I think it is due to my television to music ratio. I am hoping to remedy this by loading up my roomate's mp3 player with some of my current favorites. So here comes the inevitable blog-list of what I'm rocking out to these days...

Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect by The Decemberists
I Disappear by The Faint
Such Great Heights by The Postal Service
You And I Misbehaving by Tilly and the Wall
My Doorbell by The White Stripes
Hold Me Now by The Polyphonic Spree
Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin
Mono by Courtney Love
Julian, I'm A Little Bit Older Than You by Courtney Love
Almost Golden by Courtney Love
Uncool by Courtney Love
Hold Onto Me by Courtney Love
Zeppelin Song by Courtney Love
Spent On Rainy Days by Bright Eyes
Loose Leaves by Bright Eyes
Messenger Bird's Song by Bright Eyes
Going For The Gold by Bright Eyes
Pull My Hair by Bright Eyes
It's My Life by No Doubt
Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp by Led Zeppelin
The Way We Get By by Spoon
My Slumbering Heart by Rilo Kiley
A Better Son/Daughter by Rilo Kiley
Bessa by Tilly and the Wall
Since You Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

Yeah.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I hope the trip to Houston went well!!

Bx

Ray Nolan said...

I love Spoon!

Blush said...

i dont know how to link...i just bold bloggers, places, and important people...sometimes theres a link on my page but its really just for style