Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Kind You Find In A Second-Hand Store

Tonight I went out by myself again. I met up with some girlfriends that were working at Agave on Sixth, so I chilled and drank with them for a while. Since I have work today, I left early. Then I ran into Leslie in an argument with a street preacher. So of course, being half-drunk, I decide to join in the discussion. I think by the end Bible Boy had a big crush on me. But he was a little to extreme for my taste. Then I rode the bus with an old man who kept asking me if I were a model. He wouldn't believe me when I said I was too fat and too short to be a model. Why is it that dirty old men always think I'm beautiful? Guys my age...not so much. Nevertheless, I was indeed flattered. But I do think I'm cursed. I also think that ya'll think that I am a very depressed person. This is only half-true. I have been depressed most of my life and it is not fun. So in order to not be depressed, I use this as an outlet for my fears and insecurities. I guess this is my diary and I am an just an exhibitionist. I have used art and poetry in the past. Even so, I have always been ridiculously afraid of becoming an Old Maid. Heh. But if you knew me in real life you'd know I am very independent, totally laid back, and oftentimes the life of the party. I am still hearing stories (none embarrassing...so far) about my behavior at the Freebirds party when I drank the Everclear. It sounds like I had a great time. If I remember correctly I did. Ha. Anyway, I really appreciate the advice from my guys yesterday. Although I am thoroughly dissappointed in the absense of Unkind K's two cents. I know he'd give it to me straight. Haha. I am still trying to figure this dating thing out. I have never really "dated" ...I have always been friends with the "men" I've been with. (I use quotation marks for a reason...) Or I haven't really known them at all and I never saw them again. Hehe. I guess I hate to admit it, but sometimes that's how I roll. Oh and I didn't get the white sequined beret I wanted. Someone else had already bought it. Bitch. But instead I got a violet-colored floppy wool hat with a wide brim. It will go great with my full-length crimson wool coat. So I'm gonna rock that all over town, especially when it finally gets to be winter. Everyone will know me. I used to be the girl in the crimson coat. Now I'll be the girl in the purple hat. I always wanted to be the girl in the purple hat.

Men's cologne is the sexiest thing on the planet. It makes me just melt everytime. Sometimes I just go to the Men's section of the department store just to breathe in all the different scents. It's quite sensual. Almost like being with many men in one outing. Ahem. The best ones have that faint scent of pipe tobacco. My particular favorites are Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder, Escape for Men by Calvin Klein, and Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren. Just so you know. I wear Romance by Ralph Lauren, and I want someone to buy me Be Delicious by DKNY for Christmas. Again, just so you know.

I need to listen to more Zeppelin.

Jams for the Day: Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day and Raspberry Beret by Prince

3 comments:

Beth said...

I now TOTALLY can't get Raspberry Beret out of my head.

Which is really annoying because I only know the words "Raspberry Beret" in the whole song!!!

Bx

Blush said...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Raspberry-Beret-lyrics-Derailers/BEF091D5817E1E4548256FB2002B5277

i only know "raspberry beret...the kind you find in a second-hand store..." heheh

Blush said...

thanks, reverend. that advice was obviously divine.