Sunday, November 06, 2005

Seasons Change and So Did I

Watching Nascar always reminds me of him. He used to make me watch it with him every Sunday. I hated it so much back then--I wonder if he'd laugh now to see me glued to 24 every weekend. I know he'd laugh. But it wasn't so bad because he'd let me fall asleep with my head on his chest and with my toes sticking out of the covers. That is a great way to spend a Sunday. It has been so long and so much has changed, but that is the one thing that has stayed the same. Even now I am still happy for him when Dale Jarrett does well. I can't help it but smile. I think and wonder about it all the time, but right now I know that it truly is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Jam for the Day: The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin

Yes that is bold for a reason. Buy it. Download it. Do whatever you have to do to listen to this song. It's good for the soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be really into Nascar "back in the day" - Dick Trickle, the Mellow Yello car, all that.

I watched up until Dale Earnheardt died on the screen infront of me.

Took some of the magic out, that did.

Now I watch even more fatal sports - MotoGP racing.

BTW, you are right about the loved and lost - seriously kicks ass to have been through that.