Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Untitled

So I am sick. The good news is that the medicine has worked really well. The other good news is that I have two days off work. The bad news is that it was an unexpected expense. And Danielle is coming into town this weekend. Oh my god I cannot wait. Commence the shopping! I cannot tell you how long I have waited for a weekend like this. We always have the most kick-ass time. I am hoping that her visit will give me the boost I need to face reality and the holidays and getting a second job and working on my resume.

No don't be fooled
Don't get lied to
Love was always cruel

I need some focus. I think if there was something that I really love that I could turn into a profession that is my only chance, because I hate working. Or at least something I could get into. As of right now I am not sure which path to tread as far as any training and/or education I would need to seek. If anyone has any cool ideas, please remit. Some doors are closed to me because I have a felony record (Gasp!) and that's why I need help thinking of something, and since ya'll basically read my diary, I thought I'd ask ya'll. It's about time ya'll started giving back...

Is anybody else watching The Colbert Report?? It's way better than The Daily Show. And that's saying quite a bit. Also, tonight I fell in love with this "mentalist" I saw on A&E they call Criss Angel. He's like a spiritualist-magician, and he is totally hot.

http://www.aetv.com/crissangel/

Tonight is the first freeze. It got cold like, yesterday and just didn't stop. One time someone told me it didn't get cold in Texas. Tell that to my hands. I left my gloves in Lufkin and really regret it. So winter is finally here. They already have some of the holiday shit up downtown. I was coming out of the pharmacy and I noticed a rose petal on the ground. It was bright pink and velvety. Someone had stepped on it. The edges were frayed. I thought it was beautiful. I held it in my hand on the way to the bank. When I walked back by the pharmacy I found another petal; then still another. I looked at them all radiant and scarred and loved them so much I put them in my pocket and carried them with me to the bus stop. I stroked them and felt their exquisite texture and imagined where they'd come from and who they were meant for. The wind picked up and I opened my hand and watched them blow out onto the sidewalk. And I smiled as I got into the bus. Sharing makes me happy.

The end of paralysis
I was a statuette
Now I'm drunk as hell
On a piano bench
And when I press the keys
It all gets reversed
The sound of lonliness
Makes me happier

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felony? Cool - do tell.

Anyway, "I think if there was something that I really love that I could turn into a profession that is my only chance[...]"

So, what do you really love? Shopping, check. What else?

What do you like?

What are you good at?

What do you dislike?

You get the idea. You'll have to chum the waters a bit if you want ideas...

Beth said...

I totally don't see it with Criss Angel.

I guess I don't like guys who are prettier than me lol

Blush said...

yeah, hes pretty...
i think i just like his intensity...i have a thing for that.