Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Inexplicable.














I am going away this weekend to a shitty motorcycle rally in Bay City for work, so I probably won't be posting till Sunday or Monday. At least there will be plenty of beer there, so it won't be all bad. I am looking forward to seeing my new favorite local band The Quinns open up for The Hunger at their independent label release party. I have never heard The Hunger before, but apparently they have quite a following down here, and besides I really dig their name. Bands with cool names rock. I think that's why Led Zeppelin kicks so much ass. I dare you to try to come up with a better band name than that. I think if I were going to start a band, I'd call it Unlearn. And my first album would be called Paradox. I guess I've given this a little too much thought considering I'm not a musician, huh?

The Hunger
http://www.silver-dragon-records.com/Houston_music_the_hunger.htm

What is the world coming to?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8973962

Damn! Where have our morals gone?

Question: Does anybody know what the fuck is wrong with the people in the Middle East? Seems like none of them can get along--they've been killing each other since the beginning of time--what's the damn deal? To be honest, I am not all that knowledgable on the history of the region, but I doubt I will ever understand hatred like that. I have disliked people, but never to the point of violence. These people can't even be neighbors. I mean, even Hank Hill and Kahn can get along without killing each other. This is something I just cannot understand, and if anybody has any answers, please fill me in!

I hope I don’t sound too ungrateful,
What history gave modern men...
A telephone to talk to strangers...
Machine guns and a camera lens.
-Conor Oberst "Road to Joy"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Musicals on Television Presented Sept. 22-25 at Museum of Television & Radio
A sampling of musicals from the New York branch of the Museum of Television & Radio's permanent collection will be available for viewing Sept.
Very different blog!! I'll be back from time to time.

I have a free business trials Site. It's all about free business trials related stuff.

Come and check us out if you get time.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog site you've provided.Keep it going.
Save Time Looking For Car Cover.
Fact and Information Today. Starting From Scratch See Car Cover

Anonymous said...

Principal Resigns Over Blog Posting
An Ozarks principal resigned Wednesday following a scandal involving a blog website.
Nice design. Wish I can do the same. :)

Anyway, if you can visit my site about zen gardening, you can give me some suggestions on how I can improve it.

Thanks.

tschy said...

Goodness, you get a ton of crappy comments. I think that rather than trying to explain the middle east, an analogy would be in order. You are 23, so you probably don't remember a time when we didn't have PC or cell phones. It's nearly impossible to understand how people communicated way back in the 70s. If you lived in the Middle East - and from the day you were born, all you ever knew and were ever taugh was to hate your enemy, you would not even be able to comprehend it any other way. This might make more sense after you get to Detroit and drink a couple of beers.

Anonymous said...

Principal Resigns Over Blog Posting
An Ozarks principal resigned Wednesday following a scandal involving a blog website.
Hello nice blog site! Added it to my bookmarks for future reference.

I have a download poker
site/blog. It pretty much covers download poker related stuff.

Come check mine out if you get time.

Anonymous said...

Hey gal iam Kay. I saw your blog and its really cool. I also live in Houston texas. best wishes,

Kay

Blush said...

I've been spammed!