Monday, August 22, 2005

Trancendent

Whatever happened to the word "fartknocker"?? What a great word. I was watching this video I have of a Beavis and Butthead moron-a-thon taped off of MTV in 1995. It was fucking hilarious. Like opening a time capsule. You should have seen the commercials. Take video games for example. They were talking about how Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis had "revolutionary" graphics. Do you remember what Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis (and don't forget Super Nintendo) looked like?? Shit. An absolute fucking joke. And music videos...what happened?? Music videos used to be interesting. Take Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden (thanks Yos) for example. A backyard barbeque turned hellish vaccuum where the actors heads melt in different directions and mom is masturbating in the backyard with a vibrator. Now that's art. When did half-naked strippers become the best an "artist" could do on MTV?? It's a sad, sad world. Something I thought was ironic was the fact that if you are watching tv in the '90s, things look gritty. More real. (Or maybe that was just the VHS.) And they were trying to be commercial. Now I am watching tv and everything I see is so disgustingly commercialized but labeled "reality." What does that say about our present society?? This shit could fuck up an entire generation. Watch. But what I really learned from my VHS experience was that toilet humor is timeless. Trancendent, if you will.

I think I'll print it in the personals that I'm looking for a match
Someone to light me up
Someone to burn the proof of the things that I've done
Each day there's hours
I skip like a stone
I just crawl in a bag
I'm gonna live my life like somebody's shadow
-Conor Oberst "Spent on Rainy Days"

2 comments:

Yossarian said...

I love you to absolute death, but Black Hole Sun was done by Soundgarden. I feel you though. Entertainment sucks these days.

Blush said...

Oh my gosh. I knew that.
*brainfart*
Thanks Yos!