Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday Soapbox

I was posting last night and sometime between composing and publishing, blogger went down for maintenance. So here is my post from yesterday, as best I can remember...

I am back from a long weekend of doctors appointments. I am taking all kinds of vitamins I've never even heard of now. Had a good time watching MTV though. Billie Joe (of Green Day) has finally passed into adulthood and he is so handsome! And have you seen Gwen Stefani's video for "Cool?" She is beautiful with blonde hair, and totally rad with pink hair, but she's fucking gorgeous as a brunette. When I find a picture I'll post it--this one is the best I could do. And the video is weird to me because the song is about being "cool" with your ex, but she definately looks like she is jealous of the new girlfriend. Too obvious Gwen!

I was browsing the net and I found this...
Ten Things Every Single Girl Must Own
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=4320&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657

So true! I have every one of those things!

Holy shit!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8888579

Even at the height of my IRC addiction I don't think I could have made it 50 hours!

And can you believe this??
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8894577

Now, it's nice and all that the prisoners down there have ready access to new media, but come on. I've been to jail--for an extended period--and we didn't have shit like that! And I hear all the ACLU's claims about how bad the treatment at Gitmo is and then the investigation comes out and you hear stuff like this and I get so pissed. They are living the "life of Riley" in prison on our nickel. I mean, think about it. They are treating terrorists, who literally want to blow our country up, better than they would treat someone who was caught with pot. That is fucked up. And in state jail had we requested anything--much less some trendy-ass fuckin Harry Potter shit, the guards would have laughed their asses off and given us a strip search just for fun. I know it's hip to be liberal and all, and I am liberal in many ways, but I just can't go along with this one. They would rather treat goddamned terrorists better than they'd treat your brother or his sister or her boyfriend or his mother. What are they thinking??

No comments: