Friday, August 26, 2005

A Scale, A Mirror, And Those Indifferent Clocks











Here is a scale
Weigh it out and you’ll find, easily
More than sufficient doubt
That these colors you see
Were picked in advance

By some careful hand
With an absolute concept of beauty

They are smeared and these blurs come in random order
In the color of the eyes of your former lover
Hers were green like July except when she cried
They were red

Now I know a disease that these doctors can't treat
You contract on the day you accept all you see
Is a mirror and a mirror is all it can be

A reflection of something we're missing
And language just happened it was never planned
And it's inadequate to describe where I am
In the room of my house where the light’s never been

Waiting for this day to end
And these clocks keep on winding and completely ignoring
Everything that we hate or adore

Once the page of a calendar has turned it's no more
So tell me then, what was it for?
Oh tell me, what was it for?

2 comments:

unkind said...

I have a link here, God knows why. A girl who is into pink has taste for the Vexing?

What is it for?
Oh tell me, what is it for?

Blush said...

are you kidding? pink is the new skeptic.