Sunday, August 28, 2005

Jeff Gordon and the occult sciences

I am so happy today because Jeff Gordon is now officially in the "Chase" for the Nextel Cup after coming in 6th place at Bristol last night. I will explain for all those who do not know what this means (like me a couple of months ago.) The Chase is like the playoffs. You get so many points for every race depending on where you place. To make the playoffs you must be in the top ten drivers based on Nextel Cup points standings. And as of last night, Jeffy is now 10th! Yay!

Something weird that happened yesterday: I was out with Harmon and he was telling me about this Chris Angel "Mindfreak" show on A&E and we got to talking about magic. Suddenly I got really interested in the idea of magic, and how if you knew how to bend the rules of nature you might just know a lot more about life than the average person. As I was saying this I remembered that my horoscope had said that yesterday I would be unusually interested in the occult sciences. (cue creepy music...)

That kind of shit is always happening to me. What do you make of it?

note: I know the Jeff Gordon heyday might be "over" but I don't care. I didn't get into this shit until this summer, and I've already been more impressed by 24 than any other driver out there. But I am always late. You'll forgive me, won't you?

No comments: