Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Big Props

Congratulations are in order for my girl "Hilly" whom I just received an email from informing me that she is soon to be wed. This is incredible to me because of the history between these two. Back in high school, when we were in 10th grade, she fell head over heels for this guy, let's call him "Senior." She was so obsessed with Senior that she was a borderline stalker. I remember driving past his house in the middle of the night just to see if his blue Mustang was there. Anyway, he was pretty freaked out by this younger girl with this massive crush. If he heard she was about to show up at a party, he burnt off. Ha! Regardless, she pursued him throughout our high school career. Then we all went to A&M. A couple of years ago I saw Hilly and Senior at a concert and wondered about them. Were they actually dating?? Were they just friends?? Well now I've got a wedding to go to. Old boy finally came around, umm...8 years later. Big props to my girl for knowing what she wanted and going after it...now she's got it! If you would have told me 8 years ago that it would work out this way I would have laughed out loud at the mere suggestion. I guess I should take a cue from Hilly, and be a little more pro-active.

Life perplexes me sometimes, but in that good way.

1 comment:

Nervous said...

It's that kind of almost storybook romance that makes me happy for them, but also makes me sigh.