Wednesday, September 21, 2005

That's the way














Today has been a badass day. First thing this morning we evacuated. I drove the motorhome. What would have been a 2 hour trip turned into a 4 hour trip because of all the peeps hauling ass out of Houston, which was totally okay by me because I had a Bright Eyes marathon--it was the bomb, as they sometimes say. I also had fun radioing back and forth to the other people in our caravan, saying shit like "Roger" and "10-4" and pretending I was some kind of trucker. I'm a dork like that. And there were reporters on the side of the road taking photographs of the evacuation so I waved and gave them my best and brightest smile. I was probably the only person on the road that was happy to be there. I can't explain it, but things like this don't bother me at all. This is the kind of stress that I like. Maybe I am weird, but I am probably just cooler than everyone else. Yeah, that must be it. I mean, I can't come to any other conclusion...

So now the evacuee count here is as follows:

9 humans
3 cats
2 guinea pigs
1 dog

Luckily my parents have a large, sprawling house. We had so much fun today. There are copious amounts of food, and I think we are making a beer run tomorrow, so it is going to be like a long holiday weekend/hurricane party. I want to make margaRITAs. Heheh. Two of the humans are kids, and the six year old girl is just darling. She picked up my guitar and rocked out like a natural. I was so proud. But I had to send them out of the room so I could watch Southpark, which is still one of the best shows on television. Stan was bummed out so they took him to a restaurant called "Raisins" to cheer him up. Raisins is the little girl's version of Hooters. I guess you had to see it, but trust me, it was hilarious. Anyway, this weekend proves to be fun, as we are going to the zoo tomorrow, and to the Forest Festival (which is like a state fair/carnival) this weekend. Who knew a natural disaster could be so much fun?

Having all these people here really has made this house feel like a home for the first time. My family is like the anti-family, but the peeps here are totally nuclear, almost out of a storybook. We have had so much fun it has made me want a family of my own. I wonder if I could manage it like they have. I mean, Mom and Dad are still in love, and actually communicate with each other and their children. They are a team. Mom and Dad love and respect the kids, and the kids love and respect Mom and Dad. I wasn't even sure that could happen...I thought the whole familial love thing was just a myth perpetuated by psychiatrists to make money. Now I am seeing that it is a possibility, if you play your cards right. Maybe all it takes is finding the right person to start a family with. Or maybe it just takes work. Hopefully one day I will know the answers to these questions. And hopefully I won't find out the hard way.

In other news, I took the most ridiculously awesome shower today. It was one of those showers where I wished there was someone there to share it with me. Dirty showers are the best. It made me realize that I need a man in the worst way. Any man will do, as long as he gets the hell out the next morning. And don't let the door hit your ass on the way. I had been of the mind that there could be more than that, but this week he affirmed for me that it cannot be. Now I remember why I am celibate. Assinine feelings always seem to ruin things for me. I don't care anyway. Whatever. Right?

Jam for the day: Lover I Don't Have to Love by Bright Eyes

4 comments:

Nervous said...

That's the only Bright Eyes song that I really know - yes, that fits perfectly :P

Nervous said...

I mean, :)

Blush said...

yes it does. bright eyes is pretty much all i listen to. i just know you would like it. i will make you a cd if you want.

Shirley said...

Glad to hear you made it out and kept your composure! Keep us informed!