Thursday, September 15, 2005

Great Blue Birds

Most people don't like to live near the airport. I can see why, because of the noise, and usually the area surrounding the airport is ghetto. Not me. I like it. I like to sit outside and watch the planes depart and arrive. My favorites are the Southwest Airlines planes. They are like great blue birds taking off and landing. I think about the people on the plane. Where are they going? Where are they coming from? Who are they sitting by? Are they meeting a lover? Are they going on vacation? Maybe they are starting life anew. I always wish I were there with them. There is something so exciting and amazing about flying. As close to the airport as I am, you can see how truly massive some of the planes are. Yet they soar through the sky, always headed somewhere. I long for freedom like that.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I live near an Air Force Base. When the planes fly over, I can see the numbers on the bottom. :) Some of my neighbors complain, but I like seeing the planes flying overhead.