Friday, September 02, 2005

The Princess and the Pea

I felt like I had been hit by a bus this morning. I slept in my dad's bed and it is as hard as a fucking rock. Or maybe I am just a spoiled princess. I dunno. But I had some really wild technicolor dreams. I dreamt I was in my hometown kicking it "Garden State" style with some crazy sons-of-bitches. I dreamt I got in a physical fight with my coworker. I dreamt I caught my brother wearing my underwear. I dreamt I told my sweet, sweet mother to kiss my ass. It was all very disturbing and I don't know what to make of it. But I can tell you this: I will never sleep in that bed again.

So when I woke up I turned on the news. There is anarchy in the streets of New Orleans and all anyone can do is fucking blame the federal government. I am so fucking sick of that shit. Perhaps if people stood up and took a little responsibility for themselves as individual living human beings, we wouldn't have all the trouble we seem to have in these trying modern times. I'm not saying there wouldn't be any, but I get the distinct feeling there wouldn't be so much confusion in the streets. Know what I mean? Now's not the time to place blame.

So here we are mobilizing for the upcoming adventure into No Man's Land. Collecting water, food, tools, and gasoline for the expedition. There is this energy in the air--it's electric. Sometimes I wish every day were chaos.

Check out XTX's friend Katrina's (ironic) rescue journey at:
http://katrinaversuskatrina.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Nervous said...

I'm always interested to hear what you have to say. That's cool that your peeps are going to help and also welcoming others into your city. This whole thing just seems unreal, and you're right - now is not the time to stand around blaming each other.
How did your mission with getting drunk last night go?

Blush said...

mission accomplished. Yossarian helped me out. i think that contributed to my bus-wreck condition this morning

Chris Kilian said...

HP Buying Kodak on Monday?
Yesterday she was shopping on Fifth Avenue. According to several published reports she spent the Wednesday night at a Broadway show Spamalot,&qu Sep.
Chris Kilian
When you need information on structured settlement annuity, you will find it at http://www.beststructed-settlement.info/index.html