Thursday, September 01, 2005

Two Completely Separate Missions













Holy shit listen to this: My coworker's grandmother lives north of New Orleans and he just found out today she is stranded there in a house with no electricity, running water, etc. So he wants to go get her, but my Dad (who is our boss) won't let him go alone because he is "partially retarded" and would probably end up being killed or coming home with a truck-load full of displaced New Orleans prostitutes. So tomorrow they are loading up the truck with tools they might need and all the gas cans we can fill up to take to the peeps in Louisiana. How exciting is that?? I thought about going, and I really want to, but I can't because I have to stay here and work because we all can't be gone with the rally next weekend. So that sucks. But how exciting! A real-life adventure!

In other news, I went to the store and bought myself two bottles of cheap-ass wine. I am currently on a real-life mission to get so drunk I forget about you. I love you too much already, and there's a good chance I can never have you. It was either this, or go home from the bar with some poser I can't fucking stand. So instead I drink alone. C'est la vie. I have found out the hard way that my love clearly doesn't conquer all. One bottle down, one to go...self destruction rules!

No comments: