Sunday, September 25, 2005

Business as Usual

So we made it through the storm. Our house and yard has minimal damage, but we went without power for a whole day. Luckily we had a generator. I can't say as much for the rest of the town. There are trees uprooted everywhere. Lots of houses have roof damage. You should see the lines at the gas stations. Now I understand what they mean when they talk about the gas shortage of the 1970's. But I did see one funny thing. We went to Big K-Mart (not by choice, it was the only thing open) and there was this morbidly obese lady walking out. She was wearing a Red Cross Disaster Relief apron-type thingy, so I assume she worked with the Red Cross. She was carrying like 8 full bags--full of candy! Reese's, Kit-Kats, Nestle's Crunch, etc., etc. Wtf is that all about?? It made me wonder if that was for her or for the refugees. heheh. But why would the Red Cross be giving candy to refugees?? Anyway, there is not much else to say about that. Everything for us is back to normal. Business as usual.

Jam for the day: We Are Nowhere and It's Now by Bright Eyes

1 comment:

Nervous said...

Again, I'm so glad you & family are okay! :)