Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Jedi Craves Not These Things

Another day another dollar another ho another hollar. Here we are. Tonight we saw a homeless man with a sign that said "visions of a burrito." How creative. So we gave him a cigarette. Last night I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about the good things I've done in my life, and most of them were ignoble. I had my first DVR experience tonight, and it was everything they said it would be. I can only imagine how warped my sense of reality would be if I had had a contraption like that when I was a child. Kids these days. So I watched My Name Is Earl tonight because I worked last night. How great is that show? Surely you don't need any more proof that Jason Lee is the fucking bomb. I mean, Mallrats came on AMC this morning. What a great way to start the day. "I love the smell of commerce in the morning!" After that they played Dazed and Confused. The ultimate experience for the Ben Affleck connoisseur. They said that Richard Linklater was sued for libel by some of his friends after that movie came out. I believe it too because that movie is so real. Watch it and you will know what my teenage years were like, give or take 20 years. So the season premier of South Park came on tonight. They were making fun of the hurricanes and shit and global warming. I have figured out why global warming has never really caught on as a disatrous-type thing. Global warming. Doesn't that kinda sound like a good thing? It's the word warm. Who doesn't like to be warm? Hot sucks, but warm is nice. The environmentalists need to hire better PR people, I guess. I am so poor I saw a dime on the sidewalk so I said "Hell Yeah!" and pocketed it. I'm serious. So I am thinking of going to bartending school. Why not? I need some marketable skills. What do ya'll think? Today I had my very first ever feelings of material jealousy at work. I was on a break and I saw this chick with the best body. Like I would give anything to look like that. And she was cute too. She had clothes like I would wear, and great big sunglasses. She finished eating and talking on her BlackBerry and left the restaurant. As I watched her get into her new Lexus, I knew I would never have those things. Does that make me less desirable? Does that make me less of a woman? Or does that just mean that I am less worldly?

Jam for the Day: Sleeping In by The Postal Service

6 comments:

Shirley said...

You might not have that stuff now, but you might get stuff in the future. Or you might want different stuff in the future.

I'm a former homeless person, so you just never know where you'll end up.

Unknown said...

If you like "My name is Earl", you are way ahead of any fancy pants Blackberry-totin' chick.

Lexus, shmexus.



Wombat

Blush said...

reserved, eh? we gave him a cigarette cause thats what we wanted. we didnt have any burritos. yes...relativity.

thanks for the encouragement chicken little!

Blush said...

and wombat: is that truly the case with men? i know we women often say such things but really it does matter what someone has or has not or their potential to. you should address this on you blog.

Unknown said...

For sure, Blush. If I had the choice between a woman who was giggling with me at some dumb tv show, and a high-maintenance whiner, guess who gets the nod.

I think this works because we all subconsciously look for ourselves in others - you know, affirmation that we're ok - and sharing a sense of humour is an important tell.

Excellent idea for a post, thanks.


Wombat

Beth said...

Mallrats and Dazed and Confused.

Doesn't get much better than that for first thing movies.

I totally heart Kevin Smith and all things related!

Bx