Friday, October 28, 2005

My Only Love sprung from My Only Hate

Tonight I went out with a girlfriend from high school. And college. Actually we came close to being sisters-in-law. Yes we dated brothers. Anyway, I hope we go shopping when I get paid. I am the typical girl...I love to shop. My mom hates to shop. So sometimes I do the Christmas shopping for the whole family...even myself. Have you ever done that? It's pretty awesome.

I have the house to myself for the first time in two years for the next couple of days. So I am relishing it, sittin' at the computer in my underwear. Enjoy it while it lasts. Ha.

I need to find something that consumes my mind. Something to take me there. Something that I cannot escape. Something to busy these idle hands. For they are the devil's playground.

Have you ever watched The Real World: Austin?? Have you seen where they live? It's only like, the hippest place in Texas. I live right down the street from there. Yeah. It's awesome.

I am 50% self-adoration and 50% self-hatred.

I love Kelly Clarkson. And ya know why?? Because she kept it real.

Fuck You.

Jam for the Day: Sunrise, Sunset by Bright Eyes

4 comments:

Nervous said...

Ooh, the place to yourself for the next couple days, should be fun!

Anonymous said...

"find something that consumes my mind. Something to take me there. Something that I cannot escape. Something to busy these idle hands."

May I suggest taking a motorcycling training class and buying a sport bike? It is something unlike anything else in the world. Air, speed, control, passion, and just a touch of fatalism all rolled up into one.

Live *your* life, not what someone else wants you to do. And not what your hormones demand. You own them.

Blush said...

its funny that you say that will. my father has been trying to convince me of that shit for years now. he loves bikes. i used to work for a motorcycle detailing products company (with him) and i finally did get used to the idea, but the cost too much, and i dont even have a car yet! but i understand what youre saying. i get that same exhiliaration from snow skiing. too bad i live in texas, eh?

Anonymous said...

Too bizarre! Snow skiing sounds like a ton of fun, but I consider it too dangerous. But kilo-mile days on the bike, or double yellow passing, or massive lean angles scraping the sides of your boots praying there isn't something slippery around the corner - that's a justified risk.

Anyway, living in Austin, with family in Houston - you could easily get away with just a bike. Better gas milage, although tires are more expensive. (lots more - like $300 a year easily) Basic bikes are a couple grand on the outside, if you like to do your own service.

I do hope you find your passion - and be sure to tell us what it is. You've got a great writing style.