Friday, October 14, 2005

Tapped Out

I need something to calm my nerves. I had my training today at work. Who would have thought that making a burrito could be so nerve-wracking? Well it is the first time you do it. But I will be a pro burrito-roller in a few weeks I'm sure. The guys that trained with me were kinda retarded. One guy shook. Like, even when we were filling out paperwork he shook like he was having some kind of withdrawals. The other guy forgot to put on gloves before he started making a burrito for a REAL customer. They were both younger than me, I think. I did okay. The customer I helped complimented me to my manager. I am more nervous about fitting into the social scene and finding my place there. I guess it is always stressful when you start a new job and I am feeling it right now. I should probably have a glass of wine. So I work tomorrow and then every day until next Sunday. Why am I feeling so scared? I feel like I'm being pulled into a vacuum. One cool thing about Freebirds is that their main office is in College Station, so there are a few Aggies that already work there. The Aggie thing can really come in handy sometimes. It really is a family. Let's not get me started...I could wax poetic about Aggieland for paragraphs on end. In fact ya'll are lucky I haven't gone off on ya'll yet--haha. But that's neither here nor there. Why am I so tired? I am too young to be this tired. South Park is on all evening long tonight. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

"how are you so burned when you're barely on fire?"

Jam for the day: Malibu by Hole

No comments: