Saturday, October 15, 2005

OxyMoron

Okay so I lied. But I didn't mean to. I convinced myself that I had to work today, when I don't actually go in until Sunday. I'm glad I looked at my shit before I showed up there today. So tomorrow I start Sunday lunch. That will be interesting. But still better than today I think because of the Football Game. So far the University of Texas is whooping Colorado's ass. I'm pretty sure A&M is beating Oklahoma State. I saw the score not too long ago. It's been a slow Saturday. haha! They were just talking about school traditions and shit like they do in College Football broadcasts, making a big deal about live animals, and they were talking about UT's mascot, a cow named Bevo. They showed an old picture of when the Aggies beat the Longhorns 13-0 and then we snuck in and caught the cow and branded it "13-0". You see the cow was called "Varsity" back in the day. And when the t-sips found Varsity the next morning, they were so embarrassed that they changed it's name to BEVO by filling in the brand. That's how their mascot got it's name. Weak huh? We really got 'em that time. It's the little things that make life bearable. Things that we can all be proud of. Click the link for funny shiz.
http://www.cah.utexas.edu/exhibits/TraditionsExhibit/large/large6.html

I know I talk about Texas football a lot but I am watching the USC-Notre Dame game and the last three minutes have been like the best sex of my life. I'm serious. Especially because I was rooting for USC. Matt Leinart is hot. I'd better cool down with some Nascar. This is how I spend my Saturdays--very sexy!

I watched the Cat in the Hat movie today. You know, the one with Mike Myers. It was kind of disturbing when the Cat would dress up as different characters. It just didn't look right. You would have had to be a stoner to enjoy it I think. If I were Dakota Fanning I would have whooped The Cat in the Hat's ass. Indeed. Thing 1 and Thing 2 as well. But when the Cat would shake his fists and say "OH YEAH" I laughed my ass off. Then we watched that movie Face/Off with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. First let me say that this movie was ridiculous. Secondly, it affirmed for me that Travolta is the bomb and that Nicolas Cage is a douchebag. There is no thirdly. Awfully Serious mentioned liking Elizabethtown. That's a good review. I'm going to try and go see it next week. I haven't spent money on the movies in a while. Well I think I took my dad to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I am always afraid of going to the movies because what if I don't like it? Then you're obligated to stay. But I've noticed that every movie I've ever seen really was more spectacular at the theatre because of the illusion. Some movies I like in the theatre I am appalled by when I see the film a second time at home. Ah...the romance of the silver screen experience. We had the shittiest theatre where I grew up. The film would always screw up and the ceiling leaked. So I just never went. Now they have two huge ones. Things have changed so much. Man, everything. Even the things that seem normal are not. I've seen it in their eyes. Some things are better some are worse. But things have been shit for so long it's hard to believe in love again. Surely my karma is recycled by now! I took Hopelessly Average's Dante's Hell test and it said I would be in purgatory. I feel like I am already there sometimes. My back hurts. I need to get laid.

Jam for the Day: It's Been Awhile by Staind

1 comment:

Arden Forester said...

This is an interesting blog. I like your hold on free speech. Put a posting on my blog!