Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Longest Game Ever

I just turned on the baseball game and it's tied in the bottom of the 11th. Holy shit! It looks like the Astros could pull this one out of their ass. I wish I were there. What a great ballgame. I remember going to Astros games (at the Astrodome) when I was little. We had really good seats. A nice man behind me gave me his cap, an old-school blue and orange Astros hat. I still have it too. This has been an exciting summer for Houston man. I am glad I was there for most of it. Now it is almost winter. I say almost winter because we really don't have an autumn. But it is kinda cold out at night now. I love it. All of the best times of my life were when the air smelled like it does now. And every day I fall further in love with my city. Today I went downtown and just walked around like I like to do. People kept staring at me from their cars and whatnot because I was having an unbelievable hair day. I am no traffic-stopper, but I have my moments. The guy in the pizzeria kept staring at me. I pretended not to notice, but I did. Then tonight at the bus stop I had a conversation in Spanish with a Guatemalan named Alexander. I hadn't spoken Spanish in a long time. But I held my own. I miss Spanish. I want to brush up on my Spanish and then learn Italian. Because I want to spend a year studying in Italy when I go back to A&M. Wouldn't that be the shit? That is my plan. I am thinking of joining the National Guard to get the money to go back to school. Is that a good idea? My dad thinks I wouldn't make it. But I don't know. What do ya'll think? I got a new nose stud today and I love it. I hadn't had it in in so long I didn't know if I'd still like it, but it's awesome. It's just the tiniest rhinestone. And I think it just finishes my face. Luckily we can wear them at my work. I have an awesome life. A year ago I would never have thought I'd actually be here. This is exactly where I want to be. And now that that I've got most everything I want for the moment, my mind has turned to other things, like men. I fucking hate that shit. I don't need a fucking man! But dammit I need a fucking man. I simply cannot do everything myself. This game is killing me. It's taking too long. I was trying to stall long enough to give you the results but fuck it. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Blush said...

it is not as easy as you might imagine. i am usually the girl sitting at the bar buying my own drinks. so wrong, but true. i don't have much game. and of course it's about attention. isn't that all sex really is?

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

i sympathise wiht u
i've been feeling to get off with my lamp lately

Beth said...

I don't think you need a man...I think you just want one. Just a bit of frosting on the yummy cake thats your life right now.

I do sympathise with not getting hit on though. I never do. It sucks.

Bx