Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday Musing

Why do I always turn the television on to MTV even though I know I'm not going to like what's on? Okay I admit it. I do like Green Day. I had their first album on cassette. But I would like them a lot more if they didn't use their art as a political platform. Like Wake Me Up When September Ends. This song gets stuck in my head at least every other day. And it really is a good song. The guitar is strong. But then I saw the video. What the fuck does one have to do with the other? It's so obvious; so vulgar. And so now it's getting all this attention; it's supposed to be "important." But it doesn't make any sense! Does anyone else see this or is it just me? I enjoy subtlety in my art. That's whats great about the song...it's so ambiguous. You can make it yours. And you can also make a great video like that too. But they really dropped the ball with this one, in my opinion.

Jam for the Day: Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughn

No comments: