Thursday, October 06, 2005

Serenity Now

So I finally went and exercised today. I walked down South Congress and around Travis Heights. Travis Heights is this quaint little neighborhood with small but really expensive houses. There is foliage everywhere. I think most of the people that live there are environmentalists, probably professors. That is a big thing here. The city buses even have bike racks on them. In Travis Heights there are stop signs with birdfeeders hanging off the back on sconces. Austin is a pretty unique town. There are trendy boutiques and patio restaurants and tiny clubs all up and down the strip. And the weather today is absolutely divine. Texas lives for days like this. I dropped my application and resume off at Freebirds World Burrito today. Freebirds is this cool place that is like the Subway of burritos. You walk down a line and pick out exactly what you want in a burrito the size of a coke can. Brilliant. It's not a career choice, but I need a job in a hurry. People are counting on me. And it's SO close to the apartment, I could walk to work. And there are lots of young people that work there. The manager said he needed people to work during the day and I said I could and he said that's great. So I am hoping I get the job. I am a little worried about the job search because I have some black marks by my name. (You can fill in the blanks, because whatever you could imagine is probably more fabulous than the truth.) So I might be facing a bit of rejection here and there. I am trying to stay positive about things, but be prepared to hear me whining about whiny shit in the near future. But I am going to stay true to myself (that is why I started this thing) so I am going to record everything. Failures and all, however ashamed I may be. This is the most exciting time of my life. I have to remember that it won't last forever, and cherish it for all that it is, and all that it may or may not become.

My life has improved 100%

No comments: