Sunday, October 23, 2005

Restless

Tonight I took a walk in the crisp night air. Austin is the kind of town I would want to have long walks in with my lover. But tonight I was lonely. I could've walked for miles and stumbled for at least one more. But I didn't know where to go. I never know where to go. And I surely don't know how to get there. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. So I gave up. I just stopped at the store and bought a pack of cigarettes and started back home. In the end I was glad I did because I finally met Austin's infamous transvestite street-walker, Leslie, en route. He was wearing a spandex leotard with a coat and ballcap and he was carrying a cooler, headed toward 6th. I had only heard of him until tonight. He commented on the weather to me and we agreed that we had been waiting for this all summer. I turned around and watched him walk away. Then I looked up at the sky and smiled and breathed in the cool, dry air. My eyes got misty, but I never stopped walking.

Leslie Cochran
http://austintexas420.tripod.com/leslie-cochran/pictures.html

Jam for the Day: Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Great blog, Blush.

Unknown said...

So is Leslie an Aggie or one of the other mob?


Wombat

Blush said...

i would guess he's a longhorn since he lives in austin...