Saturday, October 29, 2005

Palm to Palm is Holy Palmer's Kiss

I have had the best Saturday afternoon ever. I mean it. I went shopping up Congress Avenue and found the fucking best store. It's called Goody Two Shoes. Then as I was window-shopping, a lady in a suit gave me a voucher for a free drink at Jo's. So I got an iced mocha. I love free stuff. The lady in the suit worked for Mercury and she and her counterparts were giving away vouchers for free stuff from the local shops and showing their new model, the 2006 Milan. So I paid for a poncho and a brooch from Goody Two Shoes, sipped my iced mocha, and went over to St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop, where I found some awesome shoes, and a grey Dior sweater for four dollars. You have never felt anything so soft as that sweater. On my way home, I passed a "health and wellness fair" outside a yoga studio. It was mostly holistic products and some interesting holistic services. There were even fortune tellers there--for spiritual well-being you see. They gave me a voucher for a free week of yoga or pilates classes. Cool. Then I walked by a high-end Spa that is right next to my building, and the Mercury people were giving away Aveda soaps and vouchers for free massages. I was on that shit like white on rice. My masseur was an attractive young man, and I was much overdo for a massage. And it was heavenly. So I don't think I will be bitching about needing a man for a while. I think Greg the Masseur got me over that hump. I just needed to feel a man's hands on me. And it's better this way because it's so innocent. I only wish he would have been more rough with me; he was very gentle. A gentleman. It was nice. I live for afternoons like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had an excellent afternoon. You rock. Great description, too - made me smile.

Thanks!

Me? washed cars. mowed lawn. Tried to fly kite - not enough wind - in Kansas!