Monday, October 31, 2005

He's Got a Perfect Name

The other night I went downtown by myself again just to see what was up like I had planned to do previously. But I made a fatal error. I forgot my ID. Yeah. But being Sunday, not too many people were out there, which sucked because I looked stunning. Almost like a movie star. (I was in costume.) So I just walked around and tried to talk some of the bouncers into letting me in but I wasn't really feeling it. I was feeling a little despondent or something. Then I heard it. A beautiful mix of blues guitar and jazz saxophone. I smiled because the kind of music they were playing matched perfectly with how I was dressed, and that gave me a good reason to go over there and hang out. As I got closer, I saw that the guitarist was quite attractive, and my age. He saw me coming over and smiled and nodded his head. So I sat on the steps of the Driskill Hotel while they played and he sang. The more I listened to him sing, the more it seemed like he was singing to me. I would look up at him and grin and he would look down at me and chuckle. A passing couple dropped some change into his guitar case. The song ended. We started talking. He is from New Orleans. He relocated to Austin for obvious reasons. He also gives guitar lessons. Then the sax player got up and went some where else. He played some Zeppelin for me. I loved the way he was dressed, and I loved the way he wore his clothes. The more we flirted, the more I realized that this was a man I could fall in love with. LIke, I just wanna be close to him. I want to learn from him. We exchanged phone numbers, but he didn't call me today. Why are men like that? But now I know where he is on weekends, so I can always stop by. I would anyway just to listen to him play and sing. I would love to become close to this man--his lifestyle is so romantic and that's something I could totally dig. And oh yeah, he's a scorpio and I'm a pisces. That's my favorite combination. I hated to leave, but my cab was pulling up. So on impulse I told him that I didn't have any cash for his guitar-case but I did have something else for him. Then I kissed him. He smiled as I turned and walked to my cab. I think he yelled out "call me" as I walked away. I am such a player. I can't wait to see this guy again.

2 comments:

Pun said...

Congratulations, and good luck with that.

Beth said...

Its a good "how we met story" for definite.

You'll have to sneak a pic...I want to see the cuteness!!

Bx