Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Resume Blues

I have been sitting around the house for the past couple days. This apartment was beyond unclean. But you see that is the deal. I get to stay here if I clean up. So I am happy to. Really I couldn't have stayed the way that it was, heh. To be fair though, the maid hasn't been here in two months. What if you had had a maid in college? Wouldn't that have been awesome?? Well now I am the maid...ha! It will be easy once I finish the initial round. The worst is almost over. But it has made me too sedentary. I have been able to catch up on my favorite soap opera Passions. Passions is like, the most retarded show you'll ever see. Its done in the style of the Mexican soaps and is pretty much a hilarious parody of itself. I used to be slightly obsessed with it. It brought joy to my life. But I've got to find the fitness center tonight, or run around downtown. Ugh, running. I am so out of shape I don't know if I still can...heh. If anyone has any tips on how to build your stamina easily and effectively, PLEASE advise. I have always been the pits at running. But what I need is a tennis racket and partner. Speaking of partners...when you are the new girl in town, where is the best place to hang out and meet people? Anyone got any tips on how to talk to a guy?? Maybe someone out there has done this before...I have not, and I am kind of at a loss at how to go about starting things up. I am very friendly but I am oftentimes alone and that makes me feel somehow...underconfident. Suggestions welcome.

What is wrong with a person who cannot seem to write their own resume?

No comments: