Sunday, October 30, 2005

True Blue

Last night I had not a just a fun night out but a goddamned adventure. I musta walked about 500 blocks during the course of the night. In heels. Of course it started out harmlessly enough...but doesn't it always? I went down to Sixth by myself, in costume, just to see what was up. I had planned to check out the scene and go home because I was tired from closing at work. What I didn't plan on was meeting some of the realest chicas I've ever encountered. And I know real when I see real. Because I am the realest. Ask Danielle. I thought we were the only ones. Enter Mona, Lisa, and Blake. These girls know how to have fun. They were dressed up as fairies and adopted me because I was by myself. We went from drinking in a club where I kissed Abe Lincoln, to a party off of Riverside where they had the red dolls, to the near-empty frat house where we found Mallori, Jessica, and Brittney. Then I got tangled up in the front seat with a cute soldier in town from Fort Hood. When he opened the car door he was attacked out of nowhere by a really big guy. He pulled him out of the car and started kicking his ass. So I confront the agressor, knowing he could crush me, to try to divert his attention from hurting my cute soldier boy. He threatened me but I didn't back down. Thank god I'm a hard-ass. At least it gave my...man a chance to get up and defend himself. And if that fool would have hit me I would have laughed my ass off as I called the cops and watched him get arrested. It would have been my pleasure. I still have no idea what was going on or why that happened. Crazy random acts of violence. What we really needed was someone nearby to come pistolwhip that guy. Where is Yossarian when you need him?? Almost just as fast as it began it was over. Finally we all rested at the girls' house near campus. We did and saw it all tonight. In costume mind you. I have not slept. I don't want to miss anything. What's funny to me is that I would never have foreseen last night's events unfolding the way they did. Not in a million years. I guess you can't predict shit like that though. That's what life is all about, right? So I'm planning on going for it again tonight, as I have a tentative date with Abe Lincoln. You know his beard wasn't itchy at all. My poor soldier boy had to go back to Fort Hood. This time I will take some pictures of the "trick-or-treaters" on Sixth and try to upload them for ya'll. It's something everyone should experience at least once. But the best part is that, throughout the night I really connected with these girls. They are real. The realest. I feel like I have known them all my life; they are kindred spirits. I think I may have finally found a place to belong, and people to belong to...I am so happy!

I have a problem
with no solution
but to love...
and to be loved.



Happy Daylight Savings Time! Fall Back!

Jams for the Day: Method Acting by Bright Eyes and My Slumbering Heart by Rilo Kiley

4 comments:

No_the_game said...

I also wanted ask the question armaedes asked. Was it real?

Lovely Lisa said...

Thank goodness for daylight savings, right??!! I really enjoyed that extra hour of bed rest...sounds like you needed some r&r, too!

Blush said...

yes he was a real soldier. the guy that attacked him (i think to try to steal the car or something) was a huge guy. and cutie was able to defend himself once i got the guys attention and he was able to get off the ground.

and no it wasnt the real abe lincoln...but he was a good kisser.

Beth said...

I'd guess that the real Abe Lincoln would be a little unresponsive as a kisser...