Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Just Like a Woman

I just got back from an interview at Freebirds. Where I now work. I might even start this week. I'm going back down there tonight to do the paperwork. It's been some time since I've worked in food service, but I am capable of nearly anything. So we shall see how it goes. After my interview, I went down to Austin's famous Sixth Street. Today was the first time I'd ever seen it in the daylight. I love going downtown here. There's this energy I've never felt anywhere else. I saw this guy who must've been a rock star because normal people just don't look like that. I followed him to a coffee shop next door to a tattoo parlor. So I stopped in to get a new nose stud. But they didn't have the kind I wanted, so I walked back outside. When I lit a cigarette a Scottish man on the sidewalk blessed me. As I crossed the street, a Jamaican man asked me why I was so happy. I told him because I found a job. He told me to keep smiling. So I did. I walked past a street musician playing my favorite Dylan song on the harmonica. I should have stopped and given him some money. I don't know why I didn't. I left my sunglasses at home today. It's always the little things you regret.

http://www.6street.com/
http://www.freebirds.com/

Coldplay sucks. Yeah, I said it.

3 comments:

Yossarian said...

congrats

Nervous said...

You're on a roll, blush! Congratulations and keep smiling! :-)

Beth said...

Congrats on the new job!

And you're right...Coldplay are the suckiest.